Friday, May 26, 2006

Boca Java Coffee Review #2

Since I'm the only one that drinks coffee at home on a regular basis it takes me awhile to get through a bag so I'm only on bag #2. Today I tried the Boot Up Blend. It says on the bag that it's a medium blend and I've have to agree with that assessment. I'm not a strong coffee drinker so this one is right up my alley. I made it slightly stronger than I normally would based on suggested brewing instructions and it's still rather light so I might try it even stronger tomorrow. I'm not very good at judging "hints and overtones" in flavors, but I will say it's really good!

I would also like to say I love this coffee mug that came with my sampler! I tend to drink coffee slowly because I'm always doing something else at the same time so my coffee sometimes has to be reheated in the microwave. The cup and coffee get hot, but the mug handle does NOT get hot unlike some other cups! It's a great size, too!

In other news...it probably looks like I'm not knitting...but I am. I've done some squares for a preemie blanket project and I'm working on a charity sweater. The body is done so now it's just the sleeves left. I also completed my first fair isle project! It's just a little sampler purse, but it came out really cute. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Where is the small fair isle purse? I'm looking for a small fair isle project for my first. Is it knit in the round, and if so, is there a trick to knitting fair isle in the round?