Tuesday, March 14, 2006

I've been wanting to make this Baby Ugg pattern for a long time. I think they are so cute! The recommended yarn is expensive though so I've been looking for alternatives and not having much luck. I decided to try it with some cr@ppy Red Heart I had and some Sensations Icee from Joanns. I figured I could at least see how the pattern was done. It's really easy, but I'm not thrilled with the fact that it has to be seamed. I don't like seaming and it doesn't seem right in footwear even if it is supposed to be for a baby.

So here is my attempt. The fluffy substitute for the recommended yarn isn't perfect, but it's not too bad. I like the overall look, but before I commit to doing this again I'm going to see what other seamless "boot type" bootie patterns I can find and of course some decent yarn.

5 comments:

T... said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
T... said...

Oof I flubbed my last comment. I said that the boot is adorable I like the fluffy substitute and it could only look better on a little model.

;)

Knittinreed said...

That is too cute!!

mary~ said...

hi
what color red heart did you use?

Jan in CA said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.