Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Yeah, some FOs! Here are the two Baby Surprise Jackets I've done other than buttons. These are easy and fun. The i-cord is not difficult, but time consuming. Click image for a larger size.

Since the last post I've completed the i-cord bind off and attached i-cord.
Here's the second one. I like the i-cord bind off..it gives it a nice finished look. I extended the sleeves on this one and I like the way they came out.
I also made a little bear.. created the pattern myself because I hate seaming!Not sure what I am doing next...maybe another BSJ or possibly the Bog Jacket also by Elizabeth Zimmermann. Stay tuned...

4 comments:

Bluebird49 said...

Hey Jan--love the jackets so much!! I wondered what weight you're doing --I didn't recognize the names of the yarn you mentioned at Kh.com I really love the multicolored one and I've got a granddaughter coming in May so she'll be a summer baby---but I'd LOVE to make one for maybe Fall. Do you use a fingering--could I use a sport yarn--I could use a little advice!! Thanks!Trudy (EllenEdwards)

Andria said...

Hi! I just had to leave a comment and tell you how much I laughed at the cat hair comment on your signature in the KH Forum (I'm the "frustrated new knitter"). I have a cat (I'm not sure what breed, but a few people have asked if he's a ragdoll), and my yarn is ALWAYS covered in hair!

SUMMERSGIRL said...

This bear looks like the Mother Bear Project bears. I made a few and have them posted on my blogspot. This pattern helped me learn the art of seaming, though I really don't like doing it either. Your site is great! I like all the FO's you have posted.

♥ ♥ ♥ Cold Porcelain by Erika Alvarado said...

great FO's. Love the hats and the sweaters! congrats