Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Bad blogger...bad, bad blogger.. :/ I've been making many, many charity items. I've made a few new baby sweaters and finished up some that work WsIP. They've been donated to Stitches from the Heart through my LYS, Yarn Lady. I've also made several burial buntings for a hospital that asked for them. And finally, finally.. I am going to attempt another sweater for ME! I got the yarn awhile back at the Yarn Lady bag sale and found a pattern that will work with it. The pattern is free from Knitty and is called Sitcom Chic.

Here's a few of the sweaters.

Easy Baby Cardigan
...from Knitting Pure and Simple. I did the collar and added buttons.


Seamless Yoked Baby Sweater
AND... I finally got invited to join Ravelry! Ravelry for those who don't know is the most awesome place for knitters (and crocheters although I can't speak for them). It makes it so easy to add your own projects and find others who have done them as well so you can see how it looks in different yarn or with modifications. As of this writing you still have to put your name on a waiting list, but they expect to open it up soon for all to join. The response has been overwhelming so it's taking a little longer to go public. If you're a knitter check it out!

4 comments:

ekgheiy said...

You've done a nice job on those FO's ;) I'm especially love that easy cardi. Thanks for the links to the patterns too!

Bluebird49 said...

Love the sweaters, Jan!! ANd they're great for charity...maybe you'll have a little grand-one to knit for in a few years. Save one or two for that time!!

Ravelry is great--but if I have to put up all my stash--ugh--I'll never finish!

LittlePinkPwnie said...

They're great! Any family who get's these items will be super lucky!

Knit-a-holic said...

Verrrry cute!