Sunday, March 05, 2006

Here's a few things I've knitted in the last few months since I started knitting.

All three of these hats were knitted as chemo caps for children. The yarn for all of them is Lion Brand Jiffy. This hat pattern is one of my favorites. It knits up quickly and the decrease on top is nice and smooth. The little flower was knitted and sewn on separately.

The scarf was knitted with Plymouth Encore Colorspun in the Scrunchable Scarf pattern. It's really soft and was very easy. I did most of it on the airplane to and from vacation in January. I really like the color pattern in this yarn!

This little preemie hat is sitting over a small naval orange. I knit it for a preemie charity project.

This is my first sweater! I am so pleased with how it came out! I used Knitting Pure and Simple Pattern #9724 in Bernat Denim Style yarn.

I've also made a purse and several more hats that I'll post later. Right now I've got the Sophie Felted Bag on the needles. I'm making it as a stash buster so it's in Cherry Blossom and Coal Wool of the Andes (WOTA) yarn from KnitPicks. Unfortunately it looks like I'm going to run out of yarn right at the end. Maybe I can just make the straps shorter... Hmm...

1 comment:

Kim said...

Hi :O)

I know that this post is old, but I absolutely adore your hats. A friend of mine is currently in the hospital, her water broke at 26 weeks and she should be delivering any day. Are you able to make micro-preemie size hats, to fit 1-3 pound babies? He will be very, very small and I would love to send her a small package of assorted hats for him. She is one of my best friends, and I know all too well what she is going through (our new baby was 8 weeks early) - small things really do make a difference when you have a tiny baby in the NICU. Please let me know if I can place an order.

Kim
trying4two@gmail.com