Saturday, March 04, 2006

The Journey Begins

So here I am in blogland finally! I've been thinking about doing this for awhile, but even coming up with a name was painful... There are just so many choices and with me being somewhat of a perfectionist and having a lifelong lack of self confidence it just made it all to complicated. But today I decided to just do it! The jury is still out at this first posting, but I think I'm going to like this. :)

I started knitting in October 2005 and now have something on the needles nearly all the time. It's become a passion and is incredibly enjoyable. I find I can't sit and watch TV without some project in my hands. The feel of the yarn slipping through your fingers as you slowly create something is just so much fun and so relaxing. Having something in your hands also has a bonus... I can't EAT while knitting! Not just because my hands are busy, but because I don't want to get the yarn all sticky. I haven't lost any weight because of it... but I haven't gained any either. :)

I also enjoy photography with my new Canon Digital Rebel XT. It's my first DSLR and I love it! So I will of course be sharing photos of my knitting, my yard, vacations, the beach...whatever.

Here's a couple photos of our furry friends!

This is Marshmallow. She's a Ragdoll Cat is 14.5 yrs old now. She's such a sweet, cuddly kitty! She was given to our youngest daughter on her 11th birthday. Daughter has moved out now, but the kitty lives with us since she's so old now.






This is Foofoo. She's a Coton de Tulear and is the most lovable, energetic dog I've ever met! She is actually our daughter's dog, but she is in graduate school in Michigan so we get to raise her. She's our grandpuppy!

2 comments:

Jan in CA said...

Hi Angelia..thanks! Good idea!:)

Bluebird49 said...

Oh--both of these little ones are so sweet and cute!! I am an animal lover, and most of them seem to like me back. They're so forgiving--'specially when you've got some food inyour hands! :-))
Trudy